Next-Generation Infrastructure Awareness Capabilities Protect Cloud, On-Premises and Virtual Servers from Data Breaches, Insider Threats and Outsider Infiltration
SAN JOSE, Calif. – March 16, 2021 – DTEX Systems, the Workforce Cyber Intelligence CompanyTM, today announced that it has broadened the reach of its Workforce Cyber Security Platform, DTEX InTERCEPT, with enhanced capabilities to monitor and secure server infrastructures. DTEX InTERCEPT’s patent-pending DMAP+ technology drives intelligent meta-data collection and activity correlation across cloud, on-premises and virtual environments to identify privileged account misuse, unauthorized use of administrative tools, unusual application updates and behavior, systems configuration changes, domain fronting and more.
In today’s modern and distributed enterprise, it is more difficult than ever to proactively combat internal and external threats due to a lack of server visibility in the context of user behavior, application updates and system configuration changes. This lack of visibility into data access, usage, modification, movement, upgrades and IP connections creates gaps in ‘intent’ awareness and fails to identify abnormalities that signal increasing risk.
“If the Tesla, General Electric, Microsoft Exchange and Verkada attacks have taught us anything, it is that we need to rethink server visibility, detection and protection,” said Mohan Koo, Co-founder and CTO, DTEX Systems. “Abnormal superuser account activities, anomalous file downloads and changes in packaged software processes were clearly present in these attacks and offered ‘indicators of intent’ that should have triggered elevated risk scores and investigative action. DTEX InTERCEPT for Servers brings forth a level of visibility that synthesizes access, activities, and modifications to proactively identify and eliminate threats before data is exfiltrated.”
DTEX InTERCEPT protects servers deployed on-premises, on cloud and on virtual infrastructure from security threats by providing real-time visibility into all server activity and applying advanced analytics to discern legitimate activity from malicious activity. DTEX’s advanced analytics engine continuously monitors servers to surface abnormalities, or Indicators of Intent, to help organizations autonomously identify threats to their environments, including those associated with data loss like reconnaissance, obfuscation and circumvention. This provides customers with the mission-critical ability to pinpoint threats early in the kill chain and identify risky behavior before exfiltration attempts occur.
Key capabilities and features that DTEX InTERCEPT delivers to help organizations more completely monitor and protect their servers include:
- Full Visibility: Traditional solutions focus heavily on endpoints, creating security visibility gaps where organizations store their information: servers. By combining behavioral data loss prevention with advanced server monitoring and protection, DTEX customers can more adequately protect their assets.
- Critical File Monitoring: DTEX allows customers to closely monitor specific files of interest, such as sensitive customer information, financials, intellectual property and more. Through continuous monitoring, DTEX automatically identifies abnormal activity to alert customers of any risky behaviors or threats associated with their most sensitive information.
- Privileged Access Monitoring: DTEX InTERCEPT monitors the access of server resources by users, in order to ensure this privilege is not being abused. DTEX’s intelligent automation can easily spot anomalous access behavior and flag activity that deviates from the norm, arming customers with the assurance that employees are operating as expected.
- Predictive Data Loss Prevention: DTEX InTERCEPT understands intent and context related to data loss by profiling and baselining user, application and system behaviors. Streaming and scored audit trails provide customers with real-time awareness of abnormalities that indicate emerging risk to servers leading up to attacks. This helps SecOps and IT teams eliminate risks before data is exfiltrated.
- Performance Interoperability: When applied to servers, DTEX InTERCEPT causes little-to-no impact on overall performance. The platform is deployed across even the largest environments with ease and has no noticeable impact on server workloads or performance.
Friday, April 9, 2021 @ 12:30 pm ET
Register now for a live webinar on Friday, April 9, 2021 to learn more about how DTEX InTERCEPT for Servers delivers contextual visibility to secure enterprise computing infrastructures. The webinar will include a comprehensive, independent review of the SolarWinds Orion attack including a likely timeline of ‘pre-attack’ indicators of intent that should be monitored by every cybersecurity and IT team. To learn more, register here.
About DTEX Systems
DTEX Systems helps hundreds of organizations worldwide better understand their workforce, protect their data and make human-centric operational investments. Its Workforce Cyber Intelligence platform brings together UEBA, endpoint DLP, digital forensics, employee monitoring and insider threat management in one scalable, cloud-native platform. Through its patented and privacy-compliant meta-data collection and analytics engine, the DTEX platform surfaces abnormal behavioral “indicators of intent” to mitigate risk of data and IP loss and make smarter business decisions quickly. To learn more about DTEX Systems, please visit www.dtexsystems.com
fama PR for DTEX Systems