World-Class Counter-Insider Threat Team Expands to Provide Human-Centric Insider Threat Intelligence and Investigation Capabilities and Services
SAN JOSE, California – October 27, 2021 — DTEX Systems, the Workforce Cyber Intelligence & Security Company™, today launched DTEX Insider Intelligence and Investigations (DTEX I3), an expanded investigations and research division focused on delivering cutting-edge insider threat behavioral studies, intelligence packages and forensic investigations.
DTEX I3 brings together experienced behavioral researchers, consultants and an elite team of insider threat investigators to create intelligence-driven, investigation ready capabilities. The team publishes counter-insider threat research focused on human behaviors to help business leaders, security practitioners and regulatory bodies better understand, design, deploy and manage workforce cyber intelligence and security initiatives.
As workforce behavior deviates from the norm, DTEX I3 works side-by-side with customers to respond to DTEX’s Workforce Cyber Security InTERCEPT Platform’s automated reports and findings, identify internal risks, evaluate their severity and ultimately protect from malicious, negligent and compromised users while preventing data loss. The founding members of DTEX I3 bring decades of experience in advanced insider threat and data loss research, analysis and hunting from notable companies including Deloitte, Raytheon, Symantec and Sophos.
“Our recent research with Ponemon Institute found that nearly half of companies find it impossible or very difficult to prevent an insider attack at the earliest stages of the Insider Threat Kill Chain,” said Rajan Koo, Chief Customer Officer at DTEX Systems. “To fully understand any insider incident, visibility into the nuances and sequences of human behavior is pivotal. DTEX I3 brings unparalleled experience investigating the human behaviors and Indicators of Intent that are notoriously the root causes of insider incidents. We’re excited to enhance the value this team provides to customers by formalizing this division.”
The DTEX Insider Intelligence & Investigations team offers a comprehensive set of services, including threat investigations and assessments, trends reporting, insider program posture analysis and more. The I3 team is experienced at augmenting new, emerging and established Insider Risk and Data Loss programs with areas of impact and services including:
- Managed Insider Risk Management (IRM) – Managed IRM from DTEX I3 is a subscription-based consultancy offering that provides mid-size enterprise and SLED organizations with Insider Risk Detection and Mitigation support utilizing the DTEX InTERCEPT Workforce Cyber Security Platform. DTEX team members perform continuous insider risk, data loss vector and user compromise monitoring and protection.
- Insider Incident Investigations – In the case of an identified insider event, DTEX I3 performs evidentiary-quality forensic investigations. This offers full details of insider activity and intent to determine severity, and provides customers with the cyber evidence required by law enforcement to exonerate or prosecute individuals in question, as well as inform user education programs.
- Workforce Risk Benchmarks– Internal risk audits offer customers a comprehensive review, providing data-driven evidence of their insider risk posture, data loss vectors, overall risk posture and level of flexibility given to the workforce. This includes actionable recommendations designed to help organizations balance risk with business requirements.
- Emerging Risks Insights – Leveraging a range of novel and proprietary techniques and tools, this in-depth review helps customers identify new risks and business insights that have not otherwise been surfaced. Risk Insights focus on behavioral profiles which evolve over time and those that may be specific from organization to organization.
- Insider Risk Assessment – Designed for organizations who are not customers of DTEX, this service is a commitment-free 30-day comprehensive review that identifies and analyzes an organization’s insider risk posture and data loss vectors across common user activity and behavioral categories. It includes actionable recommendations in preparation for regulatory audits and as due diligence for forthcoming M&A activities.
“Thwarting insider threats is becoming increasingly difficult for enterprises in today’s distributed world,” says Armaan Mahbod, Director of Security and Business Intelligence at DTEX. “The DTEX I3 team is on a mission to help organizations across the globe establish holistic insider risk, cybersecurity and IT operations centered around their most valuable asset: humans. That said, the only way to effectively combat human threats is with human intelligence, which is why our team has had significant success eliminating attacks that have gotten past other tech-only cybersecurity solutions. We welcome the challenge, as the first and last line of defense against these malicious, and sometimes negligent, actors.”
To learn more about DTEX’s Insider Intelligence and Investigations team, please visit: https://dtexsystems.com/platform/dtex-i3/
About DTEX Systems
DTEX Systems helps hundreds of organizations worldwide better understand their workforce, protect their data and make human-centric operational investments. Its Workforce Cyber Intelligence & Security platform brings together next-generation DLP, UEBA, digital forensics, user activity monitoring and insider threat management in one scalable, cloud-native platform. Through its patented and privacy-compliant meta-data collection and analytics engine, the DTEX platform surfaces abnormal behavioral “indicators of intent” to mitigate risk of data and IP loss, enabling SOC enrichment with human sensors and empowering enterprises make smarter business decisions quickly. To learn more about DTEX Systems, please visit www.dtexsystems.com.
fama PR for DTEX Systems