‘Tis the season to be on high alert for security threats.
It’s that time of year again! With the 2021 holiday season officially upon us, security and IT teams are facing what could be an unprecedented surge in security threats. While everyone looks forward to and embraces the holiday season, it’s more important than ever to remember that hackers don’t take vacations from targeting organizations.
Before we look ahead to December, we wanted to take a moment to share the top DTEX and industry news for the month of November, which was an eventful and exciting month for us as a company and the industry.
- Help Net Security, “DTEX InTERCEPT for Behavioral Data Loss Prevention delivers risk-based data analytics,” November 12, 2021.
Following the launch of our expanded DTEX Insider Intelligence and Investigations (DTEX I3) team, the DTEX team was excited to unveil DTEX InTERCEPT for Behavioral Data Loss Prevention. The newest release further addresses the design, architectural, and functional inadequacies of first-generation, data-centric Endpoint DLP solutions.
- The Pearcey Foundation, “Global Cybersecurity Thought Leader and Co-founder of DTEX Systems Mohan Koo Recognised by Pearcey Foundation,” November 18, 2021.
Our very own Mohan Koo was named as the recipient of the 2021 South Australian Pearcey Entrepreneur of the Year Award based on the Pearcey Entrepreneur selection criteria of making a difference, taking a risk, and being an inspiration.
- CSO, “What CISOs can learn from the US Navy insider who stole nuclear secrets,” November 23, 2021.
We connected with Christopher Burgess from CSO Online to discuss the theft of government secrets by entrepreneurial U.S. Navy engineer, Jonathan Toebbe. Two of our DTEX I3 team members Rajan Koo and Armaan Mahbod were quoted in the piece offering insight into how technology should have detected Toebbe and the biggest lessons for CISOs combating insider threats.
- SiliconANGLE, “Q&A: Cybersecurity collaboration focuses on human behavior, asset utilization analytics,” November 11, 2021
DTEX’s Mohan Koo participated in a must-see discussion with MITRE’s Chris Folk and David Nicholson of SiliconANGLE’s theCUBE during Splunk .conf21. The video was published alongside a written Q&A, both of which do a great job of highlighting DTEX’s collaboration with MITRE on the development of the MITRE ATT&CK knowledge base of adversary tactics and techniques, as well as our collaboration with Splunk.
Top Cybersecurity Headlines in November:
- CNET, “GoDaddy data breach exposes information from over 1 million people,” November 23, 2021
GoDaddy became the latest company to fall victim to a data breach at the end of October with over one million WordPress users affected by a breach that exposed customer information including email addresses, account numbers, and passwords.
- Bloomberg, “Why 310 of Robinhood’s 7 Million Cyber-Attack Victims Should Be Really Quite Worried,” November 9, 2021
Early this month, Bloomberg reporter Annie Massa was one of many who covered Robinhood’s massive data breach which impacted 7 million users, some of which had sensitive data such as full name, date of birth, and zip code compromised.
As November comes to a close, we want to wish everyone a (cyber)safe and healthy holiday season! Stay tuned for more exciting news from the DTEX team ahead of the December news update.